Here’s a great demonstration video of how to pick up your motorcycle if it has fallen over. This is an instructional video to share with friends or family who have just purchased a motorcycle or who are new to riding. It’s presented by AutoMotoTube on YouTube.
Watch the video below to see the full demonstration. Please do not try this if you have a bad back or bad knees, or if the motorcycle is leaking fluids, we recommend to call roadside assistance.
Here’s a rundown of the steps:
1. Turn the engine off using the engine cut off switch.
2. Pull down on the shift lever so that the bike is in gear.
3. Put the kickstand down.
4. Clear loose rocks & gravel away from the bike.
5. Sit on the side of the seat, use on hand to grab the handlebar grip, the other on the fender.
6. Firmly position your feet side by side or one foot in front of the other, whichever gives you the most stability.
7. Use your leg muscles to push your weight back to lift the bike up to a 45-degree angle, if you have a bigger bike slide lower on the seat. Take small steps to push the bike back up until it can stand up with the kickstand.
Watch the video for more details on how to lift your fallen motorcycle. Do you have any tips to add? Let us know in the comments.